Sunday, February 7, 2016

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everybody!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a very Happy New Year! 

We had an amazing Christmas. We got to carol to people and to watch two movies! We watched Big Hero 6 with Kirsten and it was the first time she had seen it as well. She and I got a little teary-eyed over Baymax (which is ridiculous cuz he's a robot and not real). It was fun and we ate a ton of popcorn and chocolate! Then we went to the Tolman's and skyped with our families. It was so wonderful and I'm grateful for technology and that I got to 4-way skype with everyone. Such a blessing! Then Sister Dennis and I went home and watched Inside Out. Oh my goodness, it was adorable! And I cried in that one too....over an imaginary creature! Haha. I think I'll have to slowly ease in to movies when I get home cuz it was just weird watching them. I was kinda relieved when they were all over and we could go back to being normal missionaries again!

I wanted to include one really awesome day this week besides Christmas! Yesterday, Sunday, was amazing. We had a great Ward Council meeting and then Kirsten came to church, Sister Trujillo (a Less-active we've been working with) came with her 3 kids and stayed for all 3 hours, and the McGary's came as well. Sister McGary hasn't been to church in about 3 years (since her husband passed away) and it was a huge miracle that she came! And that we've been able to teach her daughter Ellie the past month. This family is slowly starting to heal and it's been great to see. And one more cool miracle happened. I was standing in our row where we were sitting in Sacrament when I looked up and saw Sister Hoemann's face right in front of me!!!! Oh. My. GOODNESS. I had to cover my mouth so I wouldn't shout for joy in the chapel! What a tender mercy it was to see her again! She was my companion for 3 transfers in Strasburg and one of my dearest friends. We hugged and cried and laughed and it felt as though she'd never gone home. She was passing through on her way to Idaho for school. I got to meet her mom and see the new car she'd bought. It was so fun seeing her again! I feel like the companions and missionaries I've met on this mission will be family forever. They're so dear to me and I've been incredibly blessed to have these wonderful people in my life! I'll never regret coming on this mission. It's been the best decision I've ever made in my life!

I want to wish my parents a very Happy Anniversary tomorrow. How grateful and humbled I am to have been blessed with wonderful parents! I truly don't deserve them and God knew how much I needed them. They're so patient with me and supportive despite my countless faults and weaknesses. How truly grateful I am for them and for all of you! I'm the luckiest woman alive to have so many angelic people in my life! I hope all of you have a wonderful new year and that your main goal will be to develop a personal, closer relationship with the Savior this year. God bless you all!

Love, Sister Platt
#Godisgood
#1,001

No comments:

Post a Comment