Sunday, February 7, 2016

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful week last week and that your Christmas plans this week are centered on the Savior! I'm so excited for Christmas! We're going to go caroling at an assisted Living Center, then to Tina's, then to a man in our ward who is blind. We're going with some members from the ward so it will be wonderful! Then we get to watch two movies, skype with our families, and eat lots of goodies! I'm excited and it will be wonderful.

So, this week was great and hard! I don't know why, but Satan was really working on me this week. I feel like I was really selfish and grouchy. My poor companion! She's been so patient with me. I got a really weird stomach flu that lasted for about 5 or 6 days, and then I got a nose bleed that still won't go away! I'm starting to think all my health issues are pretty comical now! It seems like Satan will do just about anything to stop us from doing missionary work! Too bad he won't every win!

But, Kirsten is doing great! Satan is fighting her hard as well, but she's pressing through it all. She came to church on Sunday and had a bit of a melt down. But, she's still amazing and still getting baptized and still learning and growing. She's made of tough stuff! It must be from her serving in the military, as a fire fighter, and now as a paramedic. I love her so much and am so grateful to be a part of her life!

We found out from Tina (the LA who's dying from cancer) that she has until March to live. I've never felt so sad in my whole life. My heart broke when we found out. She's so terrified and sad. But, she came to church on Sunday and she looked beautiful! She was so happy to finally be there again and I could tell she felt the spirit so strongly. Her whole non-member family will be with her on Christmas so we're excited to go over and meet them and carol. I love Tina so much and feel a very special connection with her. It truly is humbling to be a part of someone's life when they're getting ready to pass on. Especially someone I haven't known very long. 

Well, I'd better go, but I hope you all know how much I love my Savior and how much I love my Father in Heaven. My heart is just swelled with so much gratitude for them! What a wonderful time to celebrate them! I had an interesting experience on exchanges. We were teaching a man who has no belief in God whatsoever and is somewhat skeptical. I decided I wasn't going to back down, but was going to testify boldly to him and it was amazing as his countenance changed when we bore testimony of God and of His love for this man. When we come to a knowledge of the Lord and our relationship to Him, it changes everything. It changes our entire purpose in this life. Knowing there's someone there who loves us unconditionally, who created a perfect plan for us, and who never gives up on us makes all the difference in the world. So, this Christmas, may you feel the love God has for you and the joy that comes through His son, Jesus Christ. And may you share that love and that knowledge with others! Be bold with them and you'll be amazed at how easy and wonderful testifying is. Love you all and God bless! Merry Christmas!

Love, Sister Platt 

No comments:

Post a Comment