Sunday, February 7, 2016

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everybody!

What a wonderful week we had! I don't have much time, so I won't be able to tell you everything, but here are a few things that were awesome:

Our Christmas Devotional was awesome! With the Arvada zone, we did a flash mob to "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" by Penatonix. I've been planning this for like 4 months and we only had an hour to practice! But, it was awesome and we had so much fun doing it! And we were the favorite skit. :) Santa Claus and Sister Claus (as he kept calling her) came to visit and bring us gifts and tell us stories. We had so much fun with them and I took some videos! We also had a special visitor, Paul Anderson and his wife. He is one of, and the founder of, the Piano Guys. It was amazing! He gave such a wonderful message and showed us some of their new videos! My favorite is their rendition of "Fight Song" filmed in Scotland. If you haven't seen it yet, go look it up! A cool story he told us, is it was SUPER difficult to film that video. All these crazy things happened, and when they finally got to Scotland they still didn't have a Scottish band to be in the video. Paul only had Sunday to go and find a band so he was going to skip church to do so. Well, the other 3 members reminded him that if they kept the Sabbath day holy, God would provide. He finally agreed and they went to all 3 hours of church. Well, God provided! They met a lady in Sacrament who had connections to a band, and by the end of church the band was assembled and ready to go! And they did such an amazing job in the video! Paul told us that their religion and their family always comes first, and because of that, God always provides for them. It was such a testimony builder to me of the importance of putting God first always!! It was super cool and it most definitely changed my heart. I've been a different person this week because of it.

Second miracle is that we met with Kirsten on Tuesday and she put herself on a baptismal date!! For January 3rd. She is SO excited! It was hilarious because I went to give her the committment of reading the Joseph Smith History and she said "I've already done that. But I can read it again if you want." I was dumbfounded! I've never had to make a back-up committment for someone before. So, I stuttered out that she should read it again, but make it personal by inserting her name! Hopefully that was done by the Spirit! Haha. We met with her twice, and then she came to Stake Conference on Sunday and we had lunch afterwards with her and a returning less-active, Brother Schmidt, at the Hollingsworths. We watched Meet the Mormons afterwards and she loved it. She had no idea the church was SO huge, and we had a great discussion about the role of women in the church. She's amazing. She truly has just fallen into our laps! We haven't really done anything. She's so prepared! And she is hilarious! I wish you all could meet her. She has two dogs that are her babies and they pray with her! Like, for real. She tells them it's prayer time, and they both bow their heads, and one of them barks an "amen" at the end of the prayer. It's really weird, but really awesome at the same time. And they have their own prayer bench that she sends them to for time-out when their naughty. She calls it "reflection time," where they have to go have a conversation with God. It's hilarious!! I love this woman so much!

There were more miracles this week but I don't have time! Durn! Well, my thought for this week comes from our devotional. Paul Anderson said that whenever you have a problem with someone, look inside yourself first. See what you can change first. And then you'll be amazed at how all of a sudden your problem with the other person diminishes. It was wonderful! Especially during this Christmas season. Look inside yourselves and strive to be a little more like the Savior. A little more cheerful! Be a Savior for someone, not a Scrooge. If you haven't seen it or watched it recently, I challenge everyone to watch "Mr. Krueger's Christmas" and ask yourself: "If I were present at the Savior's birth, what would I say to Him? What gift would I give Him?" I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week and a very Merry Christmas!!

Love, Sister Platt
#Godisgood
#1,001

No comments:

Post a Comment