Sunday, February 7, 2016

Words from Elder Levi Crosby in Tennessee

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing?? I heard its getting cold over
there?? Here in TN it's been in the 60s and man it's been nice..
Anyways last week was exciting. On Wednesday we had our normal
district meeting and this time it was down in Jasper, TN. Which is
right on the southern border. Anyways after that we got to go to
Georgia! Because there is one town in Georgie that is still in our
mission(don't worry I didn't leave my mission mom) it was pretty cool
because I have never been there before. On Friday we had Zone
Conference. Our mission president only has like 4 months left so it
was good to see him there. We were trained on the 3 pillars of
missionary work. Which is faith, patience, and diligence. When we
talked about faith he mentioned the scripture in Ether 12:6, which
talks about how we receive a witness only after the trial of your
faith. And my mission president said a really cool quote. He said "You
don't know how strong the anchor is, until after the storm." And that
really hit me. It's so true. We only see how loving and caring God is
after the trials he gives us. Because he knows when we overcome those
trials we will become more like him and that's our purpose on this
earth. So always remember that. He also mentioned the story about
Winston Churchill and how he never gave up in world war ll. So never
ever give up. There is your motivation for the week. Anyways enough
preaching from me. I hope you all stay warm! I heard about the intense
wrestling match! It gave me the goosebumps just thinking about it! Go
redskins! Haha I love you all and take care!

This is my new motto. "The kingdom of God or Nothing" - President
Gordon B. Hinckley

- Elder Levi Crosby

No comments:

Post a Comment