Sunday, February 7, 2016

Words from Sister Hannah Platt in Honduras

My dearest Friends and Family,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! and... a HAPPY ANNIVERSERY to my dearest parents!!!! (The greatest parents of them all!!!) I am so grateful for this glorious holiday and for the great privlege we have to celelbrate the birth and gift of our Lord and King, Jesus Christ. I wish you all the most wonderful Christmas filled with opportunities to serve others and with moments of true love and joy! This week we had the oportunity to go to our mission Christmas activity. It was so fun. We had it in one of my old areas, Comayagua, on a tourist ranch thing. We got to play soccer, watch a movie, ride horses, and break piƱatas :) But the best part was when we got to listen to our mission president as he talked of Christmas and its meaning. One sentence he said has been stuck in my mind and i have been thinking a lot about it. He said, ´´Jesucristo es El Gran Amigo´´ or Jesus Christ is the great (or best) friend. I´ve just meditated that a lot and it has brougth shed a new light in my mind about our Savior. Jesus Christ once said ´´Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends´´ (John 15:3) What is a friend? Its someone we trust, someone we tak with, laugh with, cry with, and rejoice with. It´s someone we turn to in times of hardship and in times of happiness. Jesus Christ was born into this world to lay down His life and then take it up again, for everyone of us, His friends. Upon doing this, He showed the grewatest love a being can have for antother being. I am soo grateful to know that we have a Best Friend that we can always and forever turn to for help. Our best friend knows our pains. He knows our afflictions (Alma 7:11). He has ´´graven [us] upon the palms of His hands] (1 Nephi 19:16)  and ´´whosoever shall put their trust in Him shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their affliciton´´ (Alma 36:3) He not only is our best friend, He is our perfect friend. He will never let us down. I testify, as His representative, that if we will but turn our lives over to HIm, and trust in Him, everything will be ok! He was born to give us the chance to change. He has suffered and died for our sins. He was resurrected so that we also will be resurrected. He is our king and is our best friend. The love He has is infinite and eternal. His atoning sacrifice can envelp us and make us into somting incredible. This Christmas, i honor Him. I invite all of us to accept Him into our live. Hi is my friend and through Him, i have been able to change. I love you all so much and it is my prayer that you have the most amazing christmas as you put Him at the center! i love you all!!! 

Love,
Hermana Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment