Monday, September 28, 2015

Words from Elder Chandon Herring in Washington DC

Well I apologize yet again because this is going to be a short letter again. This was a good week. We got a lot done and we were able to do a few exchanges. I will talk about the best night this week. I did an
exchange with the Silver Spring zone leaders. It was a lot of fun. We started in the evening and had a dinner appointment with a member that just moved out of the singles ward I was in. It was great to see her again. Good cook! I was with Elder Parker. He is such an amazing and humble missionary. We had a great lesson and were off for a lesson with a potential investigator who was not home. But the lady who opened the door was his mother and she was very kind and let us in.
She was anxious to talk about Jesus and we were able to help her understand the restoration. It was amazing to see how Elder Parker teaches. I learned from him. This was our first lesson together and we
taught so well together! I was very worried about my teaching for a very long time and I feel that these last few transfers the lord has blessed me to be a better one. I can see little improvements here and there that make such a difference and bring the spirit. We invited them to be baptized and they said they would pray about it. The lady
found out I was on exchanges and would not be back and she told me she really liked me and my teaching. She gave me her number to call her and teach her more. It was super cool to have an old lady tell me she likes my teaching! Haha I am weird but deal with it haha. We then had a lesson with a less active who is great. I had met her once before and she was the one who sold me the taser. Very fun lady and she is
struggling right now. We had a really good talk and she came from the situation deciding to pray a lot more and try to look at things from Christs point of view. She has so much potential. Then of course on
the way out her dog bit elder Parker. It was fun. That is really the only night you would care to hear about. But we did have two service projects. One was being guides for a blind 5k race at the Nats stadium and the other was out at the fair building fence and all that jazz. It was great to do so much service! Well life is good and I love you all!
Have a great week!

Elder Herring

No comments:

Post a Comment