Monday, September 28, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everybody!
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! We had a great, hard week last week but I wanted to tell you some of the miracles that we saw!
 
First off, we passed off our golden investigator, Alexah, to the YSA elders since she's 19. We all got together and had a great lesson with her outside her house on the front lawn. It was amazing how she soaked everything in. I'm praying that she will continue to be committed and the learning. She told us she had been praying for help to go back to church and get her life together when we showed up at the store and started talking with her. She felt like we were an answer to her prayer!

The second miracle/tender mercy was at church on fast Sunday, a young man who has mental and physical disabilities, got up and bore a beautiful, powerful testimony. The meeting was pretty noisy, but as soon as he got up and spoke, it was silent. There wasn't a dry eye in the meeting as he spoke and his friend and brother helped him. It touched me in ways I can't even describe. I watched his parents as they sat listening to him and silently crying and my heart was full to the brim. It made me so grateful for this gospel and what it teaches to all of us, especially when we're youth. This young man was a shining example to everyone about what a Latter-day Saint is. It truly was a wonderful experience for everyone there!
 
The third miracle is we got to attend another church with one of our potential investigators, Suzy, and right before we went to meet her at her church, the lady we live with who's a recent convert asked if she could come with us. She wanted to meet Suzy and she used to go to the church Suzy's attending! She was just wonderful with Suzy and she's thrilled to get to know her more and share her testimony and conversion story with Suzy. As we were sitting in the big chapel of this mega church, I was overcome with love for all the people in that room. I could tell that many of them were aching for answers to their tough questions, and for light and guidance in their lives. I wanted so badly to stand up and shout with joy that I have the truth they're searching for! Sadly, I couldn't do that, but it made me realize how lucky we all are to have this glorious, restored truth. And we need to share it with everyone! Literally with everyone. So many people are searching for truth, they just don't know where to find it. We are the ones that have it and we need to share it! Even if they say no, at least we gave them the opportunity to choose, to exercise their agency! That's what matters most. So, we're going to start with Suzy and go from there! One person, one soul at a time.
 
The last thing that happened was my first convert on the mission, Sarah, passed away last week. She was my age and such a sweet person. I was overcome with emotion when I found out. But how grateful I am that she accepted the gospel beforehand!! I know that she is in the Spirit World with my grandma, and that my grandma is watching over her. As I was praying after I heard the news, I had an overwhelming feeling that Sister Hoemann and I would have the privilege of doing her temple work. That is my prayer and my hope! I received permission to attend her funeral on Thursday and I'm so grateful for that. It will be a sacred experience.
 
I just want everyone to know how much I love this gospel! It truly has blessed my life and countless others' lives. I love my Savior so much, and without Him I wouldn't have the life I have today. I know He loves each of you and He's with you every day. Don't turn away from Him, don't replace Him with worldly things, don't gaze at things that will take you away from Him. This world is filled with so many distractions, we need to be careful that we don't get distracted from the Savior. Every day counts! Every single day matters! The Prophet and the 12 Apostles are worried that we as members are being more influenced by the world then we are the gospel. Is this true in each of our lives? If there are things that are distracting us, get rid of them! Be done with them! Sacrifice them and you will be amazed at how your life changes for the better. I love this quote by Elder Maxwell: “Real, personal sacrifice never was placing an animal on the altar. Instead, it is a willingness to put the animal in us upon the altar and letting it be consumed!” Let go of the world! It's not worth it. Hold on to the gospel and the Atonement with both hands. I promise you that as you apply the Atonement in your life and turn your focus on the Savior daily, you will see miracles! You will change and become like Him! I'm seeing this in my life every day and how grateful I am for it!
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week! God bless you! Love you!

Love, Sister Platt
#1,001
#Godisgood

No comments:

Post a Comment