Sunday, September 6, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Hello everyone!

I have no time so this e-mail will be brief. This past week we had some cool things happen! We had quite a few referrals and we had some amazing meetings! Like, mind blown meetings!
 
On Sunday, Sister Shea (the less-active lady we've been meeting with) came to church and brought almost her entire family with her!!!! It was SO wonderful. 3 of her kids and 2 grandkids are visiting and they all came (most of them are less-active, except for one daughter who is active). Sister Shea was just beaming! And the best part was, she made all of them stay for Sunday School! Haha. They were not happy campers at first. But, the Gospel Principles teacher prepared a truly inspired lesson and by the end of it, they were all smiling and a few were making comments. MIRACLES!!
 
Also, this week one of our member's went over to Jade's home to watch a video with Melody (Jade's mom). The member said that Melody cried during the video and had a wonderful experience. She's starting institute next week and she's so excited! Please pray that we can start teaching her soon. We did some service for Jade's dad last week and I power-washed his fence. It was legit! I was soaked and was having the time of my life! He's really warming up to us, which is great. But, he won't let Jade go to Seminary. We're hoping by next semester he'll change his mind. Jade is doing well though! She's loving high school and she's been coming to church faithfully. And the Young Women are just loving her, which is great!

Well, that all I gots time for. This past week was pretty difficult for me, but I also learned some really great lessons. It seems like when all our energy is spent and we can't move forward, God's always there to give us that extra strength that we need to make it to the end of the day. How grateful I am for that! I had some really bad stomach issues last night, to the point where it brought me to tears. But, I've been praying for strength to continue eating gluten free and sugar free. It's hard, but I know it'll help me. I want you all to know that I love this gospel and I love being a missionary! I truly do. I hope you all have a wonderful week and God bless you!

Love, Sister Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment