Monday, September 28, 2015

Words from Sister Abbie Waite in Texas

Hello all! 

This week in Texas was incredible! I can't even describe all of what happened this week, and I can't even describe it. The closest I can even think to describe it is as evidence of the reality of opposition in all things. This week was full of the highest of highs and the lowest of lows and so many little miracles that I can't even begin... Missionary work is the hardest and the most rewarding work I have ever done. I love it so much. 

Something that I hadn't really thought about this week is how much I'm missing from my family's lives. Dad starting a new job, Mom opening her store, Jacob's senior year of basketball, Lydia's 16th birthday, Rachel reading all of my favorite books, Betsy vibrantly loving life, and Esther's first year of school... Just so much! But all of this seemingly important things pale in comparison to the importance of spreading the gospel!

"6 Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.
7 Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.
8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise (2 Nephi 2)."

Because of Jesus Christ, we will be able to return to our Heavenly Father! How great the importance to make these things known! 

Because of my knowledge of the restored gospel, I know that I will return to my Father in Heaven. I truly know who my Savior is. I know that Heavenly Father loves all of His children... The list could go on and on. 

One of my favorite things that I know is that families are forever. Because of covenants that my parents made in the temple, la familia Waite is eternal. And my future family will also be eternal. The little things that I am missing do not matter. We have an eternity together. And that message is one of happiness and is one that I will spread forever. HOW GREAT THE IMPORTANCE TO MAKE THESE THINGS KNOWN! 

Have a wonderful week! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment