Monday, September 28, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everybody!

What a wonderful week we had! We picked up another investigator named Sofia. She's from a part-member family and is 12 years old. She's adorable! We've also got some great appointments this week with potentials and less-actives and part-member families. We have one family we're meeting with whom I just love already, the Robersons. The husband isn't a member, and we haven't met with him yet, but hopefully this week. The wife told us she feels like it's time for her to go through the temple, so we're working with her on that! So excited for her! We didn't get to meet with Felicia last week, but we did get to meet with Lee! The lesson went really well and we brought one of our office missionary couples with us to the lesson, the Hollingsworths. They're amazing and really added to the lesson. Hopefully we can get Lee baptized by the end of the transfer! She's got some things to work through, but I truly believe God sent me here for her!

Also, my health is getting SO much better! We found out my thyroid died, so I've been taking medication and it's made a huge difference. I feel like I'm 19 again! Hahaha. Oh the joys of getting older! We had a wonderful time at the general women's conference. I loved all of the talks and how bold they were! President Uchtdorf told a wonderful parable about a girl and her great Aunt Rose. If you missed it, you need to watch or read it! It was wonderful. Something that really stood out to me in one of the talks is that sometimes we get caught up in asking "where are all of the blessings?" and expecting blessings. While blessings are a part of this mortal life, they're not the main purpose. Our main purpose is to prepare to meet God - to change and progress every day. If we're not changing and progressing, then we need to reflect on our life and what things are getting in the way of that. One of our speakers in church on Sunday, talking about trials and the Atonement, said this and I love it: When we go through trials we need to ask: "What weakness can be turned into a strength during this trial?" instead of "Why me?". How poignant that is!

I want you all to know how much I love this gospel and how much I love missionary work! It has truly changed my life forever and I will never be the same. I wouldn't trade my mission for anything! How grateful I am for the Savior and for the Atonement in my life. How grateful I am for repentance and grace and forgiveness. Becoming like the Savior is a life-long pursuit, and something that I will never quit pursuing! Remember remember, "Where you gaze, your heart will follow." Don't ever stop gazing God-ward! For that is the only way we should gaze.

I love you all and am grateful for the examples you've been, the love you've shown, and the patience you've had with me. All of you have been angels in my life! Thank you.

Have a wonderful week and God bless you!

Love, Sister Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment