Sunday, September 6, 2015

Woreds from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everyone!
 
Thanks for all the birthday wishes so far! I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family in my life. I can't believe I'm gunna be 29!!!!! Man, that's old (at least out here!). I've already had several missionaries say they're gunna buy me a cane and a walker. Bless them! Isn't that thoughtful?! Haha. I can't believe I'm one year away from being 30!!! I'm so excited to be 30. I truly have loved every age I've been (except for 23 - some reason that age wasn't so great). And I love birthdays!!!!!!!!! It's so sad when people don't celebrate their birthday. It was the day God chose for us to come to this earth and to learn and grow and prepare to meet Him again. It represents the choice we made in the pre-earth life to follow His plan and to come down here and gain a body! It's one of THE best reasons to celebrate! Those who know me know that I celebrate big! And don't worry, I've already told our AP's and President and Sister Mendenhall and the 3 zones I cover and everyone in my ward that it's my birthday tomorrow. :) :) I'm SO excited to celebrate it on the mission! We have two appointments with two of my favorite people we're teaching and we get to celebrate it by spending some time with one of my favorite people from Strasburg and with dozens of other missionaries. I feel very blessed!!
 
So, we had one of the most incredible experiences I've had on my mission this past week. We got permission to go with Sister Shea and her daughter Sheri to the temple for Sister Shea's first time. We went on Thursday which just happened to be Sheri's birthday and my 1 year mark!! Coincidence? God doesn't do random! Sister Shea was a bit nervous and excited at the same time. We stopped at Deseret Book beforehand so she could get a few things and then we went into the temple. It truly felt like she was a celebrity in there! Everyone was so kind and wonderful to her. Sheri was so proud of her mother and so filled with joy. She told us she had been praying 40 years for this. (I'm gunna cry!) There was hardly anyone in the baptistery, and the man that was performing the baptisms was a very kind, younger man who was really helpful. Sister Shea was the first to get baptized and she did almost 10 baptisms!!!! After each one they kept asking her if she could do more and she kept answering with a cheerful "Yes I can!" She's very healthy and truly amazing. Then Sheri was baptized and then Sister Banner and I. It was one of the sweetest moments on my mission. How wonderful is it that we have the true gospel on the earth again today? That families can be sealed together forever by the proper priesthood authority? That we can do work for our ancestors so that they can be with their families forever? My heart just swells with joy because of it! We had taught a few lessons earlier in the week to Sister Shea, Sheri, and Sheri's daughter Brandi. The spirit was so strong and we all cried! Sister Shea is preparing to receive her endowments soon and we're hoping it will be a motivation for other of her children to become active again so they can go with her. She truly is changing her entire family! I gave her a painting, after we left the temple, of the Savior sitting on a rock overlooking the ocean. She cried and was thrilled to have a picture of the Savior in her room. It's truly been such a blessing to be a small part of her life. She has changed me forever!
 
I want you all to know how much I love this gospel. These last 3 weeks have been probably the hardest on my mission. But they've also been the sweetest! I know I couldn't get through some of the trials I've had with out the truth this restored gospel brings. I know that our Savior loves us and knows us each individually! I know families can be forever if they choose to follow the Savior and keep His commandments. I know that there are prophets again on the earth today who speak to us from God and guide us with Priesthood authority. I know that there is no greater joy than missionary work! If you feel that your testimony is wavering or if you are having a bad day, go share what you love about the gospel with someone and you'll be amazed at how great you feel and how strong your testimony really is. Please don't refrain from sharing with people because of fears. Fears come from the devil, not from God. I'm learning that more and more on this mission and I'm getting a little better every day to overcome the fears I have! I've realized that if it's easy to share your favorite movie or favorite restaurant with someone, why can you not share the most precious thing you posses? The gospel! Please share it. There are so many of God's children here who are prepared. You just need to open your mouth! Just invite! The worst they can say is no. At least you gave them the opportunity to make a choice! That's what it's all about.
 
Well, I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks so much for all you do and your wonderful examples! Each one of you has blessed my life in more ways than one. God bless you!

Love, Sister Platt
#1,001
#Godisgood
 
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment