Sunday, September 6, 2015

Words from Sister Hannah Platt in Honduras

Friends and Family, 

Well this week was one of the greatest weeks of my mission. I cannot even begin to describe the number of miracles my companion and i saw and the things we experienced. I don´t have to much time as awlays so this will be kinda quick.

First off, our mission had the chance to have a conference with Presidente Nelson from the quorum of the 12 apostles. It was sooo amazing and the spirit we felt there was undescriblable. He talked a lot to us of how we can become better missionaries. But something i really loved that i wanted to share as it can apply to all of us is, ´´you all should learn the gospel so that it becomes a part of you. You should learn it soo well that it is installed even in your bones. That way, if you have to give a bone marrow, the person who recieves your bones will be converted.´´ :) I am soo grateful for the things i learned from him. I just testify with my whole heart and soul that we have prophets and apostles on the earth today. They are men called of God to lead us and to guide us. I have no doubt in my mind that Joseph Smith was a prophet. And that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today. I testify that if we will but live the things they tell us, we will have ALL that we need in this life. 

The work is really moving forward here in Comayagua. Nelson and Evelyn are doing well. They still are not sure about marraige, but they are progressing. Evelyn has gone to church 3 times now and loves it! Nelson still hasn´t come, but he said the closing prayer the other night in one of our lessons and it was a miracle!!! :) I know that they will be married and baptized soon :) Noemi is still doing great as well as her family :) We are also teaching another woman right now named Reymunda. She is such a miracle for us. We contacted her about 2 and half weeks ago, and in our first lesson we gave her a book of Mormon. She loves it and told us that since we started coming, she just feels happy :) She accepted to be baptized on the 19th of September. I cannot begin to describe how much i love her! She is soo amazing and was so prepared by the Lord to recieve us. 

Well i sure love you all. And i love my mission. I am not the best missionary, and i don´t speak spanish the best, but i am soo grateful that the Lord called me to serve at this time and in this country, Missions are hard. It is the hardest thing i have ever done. But i will be forever grateful that i came here to Honduras. I love you all and i testify with all that i have that Christ lives! That we have His church here on the earth again. We have prophets and apostles who lead us. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. 

Love,

Hermana Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment