Monday, October 27, 2014

Words from Elder Garrett Anderson in Brazil

 "As the time is winding down, I often look back to reflect upon the choices that we are making every day. Within these daily choices we have choices that we are making every minute, every second, to do or not to do, to say or not to say. What we do and say, or don't makes up who we are. These choices are tiny choices that help us to stay on the path, or to stray.
     This week we had a special meeting with the president and the assistants. It was an excellent training that we received and will really help our district. I love being here in Posse, and president will leave me here one more transfer to die here! (next transfer starts on monday the 20th) I love being a missionary. Even though there is daily rejection, it is a special experience that we have, to preach the gospel. I have learned that preaching the gospel is much more than teaching an investigator or making a contact, preaching the gospel is a way we live. Do we preach the gospel with our actions as well? Do we just preach the gospel or do we live the gospel? these are questions that i ask myself on a daily basis. I love this church and this gospel, to know that God through his infinite love and mercy has called a modern day prophet to lead and guide us, that we have personal leaders to help us along the way, bishops, stake presidents, parents, etc. 
     I know that through daily study of the scriptures and dedication, we can become like Jesus Christ and return to live with him and the Father again. Keep studying, praying, and increasing your knowledge of the gospel. I love you guys and cant wait to see you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment