Monday, October 27, 2014

Words from Elder Garrett Anderson in Brazil

   "I know that the end is approaching because everyone keeps reminding me. I am in a district of 6 missionaries and all the rest have under a year so its nice to remind them that i am going home soon haha.
     Man conference was awesome. We had the oppertunity to watch all the sessions, we got to watch Priesthood session Sunday morning at 6 A.M. I was thinking that i would fall asleep because we had to wake up at 5, but i stayed awake the whole time. There was a spirit of peace and comfort as we heard the voices of the selected speakers. What a blessing it is to be apart of the Lord's Church that has living a living Prophet and apostles of the Lord.
     I know that in the days ahead we will be in for some interesting times. We truly are in the "last days" and for this we have to follow the prophet with exactness. I love the word "exactness" because it doesn't leave room for argument or error. Although we are human and are prone to err, we have the Atonement of Jesus Christ as a remedy for our natural man. We can do this, we can endure to the end. Jesus Christ has not, and will not forget us. As is written in Isaih 49:15-16, " Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." Christ was beaten, mocked, sweat drops of blood, and crucified for us, but not before suffering on the cross. I know He lives. Although we all have struggles, we can trust in Him. "“that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day” (Alma 36:3)." Love you guys and have a great week and study those conference talks! "

No comments:

Post a Comment