Monday, October 27, 2014

Words from Elder Jake Zieler in Canada


"this week has been a life changing week for me! i have definitely learned how to pray sincerely. General conference was awesome! i've never listened to all 10 hours of it before so that was good. in Elder Ballards talk, he talked about a white water rafting trip in southern utah. president brown and i and other members of that awesome brown family, were on that same trip a little over 1 year ago! it was a great talk and made me think about how fun that trip was. so one of the more exciting parts of the week was one day my companion and i were knocking on some doors next to a golf coarse. we were heading back to our car when out of the corner of my eye, i saw what looked like a dog but when i got a better look, it was a big coyote! i was pretty pumped! i started to go back to the car to get my camera, but as i did, it started to take off running. so i stopped and started doing the kiss of death(kissing the back of your hand to make a high pitched squeak noise) as soon as i did that, the coyote stopped at about 100 yards and i snuck up behind a tree and kept doing the kiss of death. it finally started coming back towards me until it got to about 30 yards and stopped and turned broad side. if i would've had the ole trusty mathews bow from back home with me, it would've been a bad day to be a coyote haha! anyway, so i started to go back to the car to get my camera and it took off as soon as i did so these pictures are of it running away haha. and the other picture is of me being a Chinese statue. there are a ton of Chinese people here! who would've thought? it has been a great week full of miracles and missionary work as well haha! the teaching is getting better every day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment