Thursday, October 2, 2014

Words from Elder Ty Blank in Alaska

"So My week! It was an interesting one! So we had transfers this week, I got a new companion he is a lot different then my last one, but it will be good for me! I am Still in the same ward which is good because i love the people in this ward! So that happened on Tuesday. On Wednesday we had had a meeting with Elder Evans of the Seventy, He is like the IPad guy so i was like its IPads for sure! It wasn't IPads...... It's ok though! Everything is going to be just fine! So after that... My companion got sick. So we stayed in the rest of the day. We did host some other Elders at our apartment though! So we woke up and guess what. I wasn't feeling good, and my companion was worse so we stayed in that whole day! SO that's what happened that whole day. Friday we got back to work meeting members and Something cool happened that day though. So it had been raining all day, But i saw a little ray of sunshine. We were at the library and the phone starts ringing. We pick it up " Is Elder Blank there" "Ya whats up?" " Guess what happened in your life today" "What" "Your Baby Sister was born, congrats man.".... That little ray of sunshine broke through that rainy Alaska day. That news brought so much joy into my life Little Annie is here and Its just so awesome to have this blessing in my family even though I wont be able to see her for 21 more months it is such a blessing to know that my family is eternal and thats one of the reasons I am out here. To spread that joy to others. I love this gospel. I know its true. I will defend this faith. We came across a guy last night who was getting pretty contentious with us about The Book of Mormon. He said that he could sit down and write a book like that too, all that came into my mind was Jeffery R. Holland's talk "Safety for the Soul" and there he says

"As one of a thousand elements of my own testimony of the divinity of the Book of Mormon, I submit this as yet one more evidence of its truthfulness. In this their greatest—and last—hour of need, I ask you:would these men blaspheme before God by continuing to fix their lives,their honor, and their own search for eternal salvation on a book (and by implication a church and a ministry) they had fictitiously created out of whole cloth?
Never mind that their wives are about to be widows and their children fatherless. Never mind that their little band of followers will yet be“house less, friendless and homeless” and that their children will leave footprints of blood across frozen rivers and an untamed prairie floor. Never mind that legions will die and other legions live declaring in the four quarters of this earth that they know the Book of Mormon and the Church which espouses it to be true. Disregard all of that, and tell me whether in this hour of death these two men would enter the presence of their Eternal Judge quoting from and finding solace in a book which, if not the very word of God, would brand them as imposters and charlatans until the end of time? They would not do that! They were willing to die rather than deny the divine origin and the eternal truthfulness of the Book of Mormon."

I know this church is true.

I love an miss you all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment