Monday, October 27, 2014

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado


"I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK!!!! I know I say that all the time, but I so love it. It's so hard, but it's so awesome!!! Have you all seen "Meet the Mormons" yet? If you haven't please do so!!!! It's incredible and it dispells a lot of misconceptions ppl have about us. It was wonderful! They had a special showing for all the missionaries at a church before it came out in theaters so we were thrilled to see it! It was number 10 in the nation last week and it only showed in 300 theaters! Compared to the other top 9 that showed in 5000 theaters!!!! How cool is that? The Lord is literally doing all He can to gather in the House of Israel before He comes again. It's amazing and I know there is only more to come!! My favorite quote from the movie is this "I know I'm not perfect, but I am perfect in one thing. I am perfect in trying!" That has helped me so much as a missionary!

So, we had a crazy week. Lots of appointments with members and less-actives. Our stake and ward doesn't want us to do hardly any tracting (which is frustrating, but I'm starting to see why now) and we had several miracles with members doing missionary work! They're starting to see how rewarding and fun it is, and we as missionaries are learning as well. We were really bummed because our investigator, Megan, cancelled on us last minute, but we're meeting with her tomorrow so please please pray that everything goes well! We're so excited to teach her and we really want to help her progress and gain a testimony and feel God's love for her. We've had a lot of rejection this last week with the tracting and finding we did do. There was a Jewish couple we kept trying to meet with, but we always came at a bad time and eventually they told us they weren't interested. They did accept a Book of Mormon, though, and we were glad about that! We'll follow up in about a month. 

So transfers are today and my companion and I are both staying here for another 6 weeks! Hooray! We are moving today, though, to another member's home. We're sad to say goodbye to the family we're living with (they have two younger girls and a baby boy and they're adorable!) but we're also excited to live with this other couple. They're names are the Ingersolls and all their children are grown. She's an amazing cook and they're both scuba certified so they are awesome and have really cool stories! We're also going to the temple on Wednesday and I'm excited for that!

Even though the work here is very slow and we don't have hardly anyone to teach, I'm being truly humbled in so many ways and I'm learning how to be exactly obedient and persevere! It's wonderful and I'm excited to work even harder. Thank you for all your prayers and e-mails and letters! Sorry I don't respond to all of them, but please know how much I appreciate them! And thank you for all your support with Hannah and my parents! We are truly blessed to have amazing people in our lives! 

God bless you all and love you a lot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment