Thursday, October 2, 2014

Words from Sister Kortlyn Herring in Japan



"Hello! So this week was a great one! It went super well with Shi
Chan! Way cool to reconnect with her! And I also got in contact with
another old investigator that I might be able to meet. I actually was
never her missionary, but I taught her a lot on exchanges my first
couple transfers. And we had a way cool miracle this week!

So, the miracle, let's start with some background info. This transfer
has been a bit slow, because most of our investigators have been out
of town traveling, and we have been trying to find someone who is here
and ready to hear the gospel. Another factor, there is a very large
family, the kawamuras, who have 10 kids, one of who served with Carlee
Collins, my roommate from EA, anywho, but most of this family is less
active. One of the less actives sons got baptized and we have been
teaching him the new member lessons. Well it turns out his dad,
decided that he wanted to come back and start his new marriage off in
the right foot, so he and his almost wife (they got married after
church) came to church! And she talked with us and told us she wanted
to learn! What! That's so cool! A less active, and his two less
active/ new convert kids, and his fiancé, and her two kids came to
church, and now are on the road to becoming an eternal family! So
excited to meet with her again this week!

It just goes to show that The Lord is in this work, and as long as we.
Are trying, and working hard, and remain faithful and obedient, we
will become tools in his hands to further his work. It was way cool!
So excited! Will keep you posted on how it goes!

Japan is still awesome, it's officially fall and it's beautiful! This
years weather has been so wonderful! I love it! I love this work! I
love that I get to be a part of it, and it's been amazing! This work
is true! Miracles happen everyday! And I can't believe that it's
almost October! Where did September go? I hope you all have a
wonderful day and week and that it gets a little cooler in good ole
Arizona! Love ya!"

No comments:

Post a Comment