Thursday, October 2, 2014

Words from Elder Shad Lindsey in the Ukraine

 
"This was an awesome week for us. really busy though. I was in Kiev for like half the week on exchanges and then we had a training with President Packer. It was awesome. I love learning as much as I can from him. I've been blessed to have 2 incredible mission presidents. Oh by the way my old mission president Pres Klebingat will be speaking in conference the saturday night session. So everyone be sure to watch it! I'm so stoked to hear it.


On one of the exchanges in Kiev I was able to go visit a recent convert family that moved here from Iran. The husband has a broken spine and has a really hard time getting around. He got in a bad car wreck a few years ago and hasnt been able to afford surgery. They moved to Ukraine because they converted to Christianity and in Iran all their family threatened to kill them, so they moved here. There is a lot more to the story then just that, but thats all I really know. Then after being here for a few years one day they ran into the missionaries and were taught and baptized. While I was talkin to em and just gettin to know em the thought came to my mind that these people were so faithful. If I were to describe them in one word thats what it would be. Faithful. I just wanna be like them. Just give everything I have to Heavenly Father and trust Him.


I love you all have a great week"

No comments:

Post a Comment