Thursday, October 2, 2014

Words from Elder Ty Blank in Alaska

"Hey Guys!
So I am going to start my week off with Saturday because that day was great! We had a baptism! His name was Philip Mehlbaum! It was insane to see the change that the gospel has mad in his life in such a short amount of time! It truly has blessed his life for the better! He now has a certain aspect to him that only the goepel can bring! He is so great and it was such a blessing to be a part of his transition in to the gospel! Missions truly bless lives! My companion... Elder Casia Baptized him and I confirmed him on Sunday!

So on Sunday Our mission president came and spoke in our ward and it was really good! He is sooo cool and he talks about fishing a lot! After sacrament I went up to him and said " Hey President I cant wait for my transfer call to Barrow!" his reply was " I wouldn't pack your bags just yet" SO ya that was funny! o who knows transfers are still 2 weeks always and I will go where the Lord wants me to go!
Also on Sunday we met with our investigator named Jennifer! She is super funny! WE had a good lesson with her!
So earlier in the week we went to a less active older mans house and he asked us to come back later in the week because he was super tired and I heard him mention about getting a load of gravel on Friday morning before weekly planning we headed over to his house in service clothes and surprised him and said we were here to help. The smile on his face was priceless! We got the whole project done in about an hour and a half! He said while were doing it that in the morning before we showed up he was praying for the strength to be able to get the project done, he then said that he didn't expect his prayer to be answered in this way. It was just incredible to serve him in that way!
Nothing else really happened through out the rest of the week besides on Saturday night we saw 6 moose and got charged by one of the biggest moose that I have seen yet! SO that was a new experience!
So other then that i am still keeping up the work and planting the seeds!
I love you all a ton!"

No comments:

Post a Comment